"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards." - Robert A. Heinlein

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Coming Soon: Rallies, Protests, and Board Meetings! (Southwestern College)

Consider this space a short "Coming Soon" notice, because that's what it is. I have chosen to wait to do a combined post on last week's faculty free speech rally, this week's students' silent protest, and last night's Governing Board meeting.

I was unable to attend the silent protest, and would like to use a photo or two here. Of course, I'm happy to give all photo credits and a big thank you! for the use. And because I actually participated last night, I was unable to detach myself enough to take any photos then. I'd like to use a few good photos of the Governing Board meeting, too, if anyone has any I could use and/or link to.

Leave a comment, or send me an email - nickolasfurr (at) yahoo (dot) com, if you have photos I might use. It will probably be Friday before this post is removed and replaced by the next one. Thanks, y'all!

EDIT/APOLOGY:

My brain has melted this weekend. I'm fighting a nasty cold, and haven't been able to update. I will as soon as I'm able to. I still would like a good photo or three from the the GB meeting, but I do have a couple of shots from the silent protest.

I haven't forgotten. I just haven't been able to get to it yet. But I will.

4 comments:

  1. FROM SOSWC:
    Ill be sending you another blog posting through facebook tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the REAL Save Our Southwestern:

    Didn't think it was. You'll notice my lack of response, of course. :-)

    I'm also good at noting other subtleties, such as the lack of periods and apostrophes, and the fact that blog postings aren't "sent" through FB - stuff that I know y'all are aware of.

    But, any of y'all got any photos from the GB meeting? Still needing some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the first comment!! its from your student blogger. Sorry about that!!

    im really dislexic this week!!
    i think im changing my name to a more sophisticated one so there wont be any confusion Dx

    ReplyDelete