"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards." - Robert A. Heinlein

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hit the Road, Jackass, and Don't You Come Back No More, No More, No More, No More!

It appears to be official:  corrupt Vice-President of Business and Finance at Southwestern College Nick Alioto is out! According to an email sent off by his own pudgy, greasy little hands*, he has resigned from his position, effective immediately.

Here is the good news.

"Good Afternoon;

This past year has been one of conflicting emotions for many of us. I have come to know many good individuals who have devoted their lives to this institution and whom I am pleased to have had an opportunity to get to know. Regretfully, I came during a difficult period. I apologize for anything that I did to contribute to that.

This next year is critical for the College. I want to remove myself as a barrier to some people’s ability to focus on resolving our accreditation issues so, effective today, I have resigned. I would like to take this opportunity to extend to the campus community my best wishes.

Nick"

I'll give him credit for going out with a jaunty wave instead of the flying finger we know he meant, but that's it. This man was a cancer to Southwestern College and every other school he was associated with. 

Yeah, Wisconsin folks, I'm talking about the crap he put y'all through.

At the moment I've got no further information and nothing else to say. I hope to God that our Governing Board didn't have to pay him a meaty severance to send him packing. I prefer the idea that he heard the grand jury coming after him, decided to man up and resign.

But at the moment, it's all just a guessing game.

With Raj K. Chopra out, and now with Nick Alioto out, SWC can only look forward to better days. With our new interim superintendent and our brand-spanking shiny new Governing Board in place, it's time to wash the Alioto funk off this school and get back to the job of education.

I'll let you know more when I know it.


*I'm guessing. Allow me a bit of poetic license here, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment